COVID Safety Protocols
Clay By The Bay strives to be one of the leaders in studio safety. We have made many changes to our layout and safety protocols in response to COVID-19. Please read the info below and make yourselves aware of our safety protocols. This is in order to keep each member, student, and employee safe.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Please do not come into the studio if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Be mindful and respect one another as well as our staff and the world at large.
- Each person coming into the studio must sign in and sign out. Before signing in each person is to apply hand sanitizer to their hands and take their temp. Everyone signs in so we know how many people are in the studio at any given point and there is a clause on the sign in sheet ensuring your temperature is below 100.4 F. The staff will be working to ensure we are to code regarding the amount of people in our building at one time. This sign in sheet also asks each individual; "ARE YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?"
- All staff and employees are asked to use hand sanitizer and/or wash their hands upon entering and exiting the studio.
- No one will be allowed into the studio without a mask. Masks must be worn in the studio at all times. If you do not have one or if your mask breaks/tears we will provide you with a new one.
- You must bring in your own water bottle or drinking device. Paper cups will not be provided to anyone until further notice.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the studio.
- Members, please bring in/store your own personal tools, clean up sponge, apron, and rag on your shelf. Community tools, clean up sponges, and rags will not be provided to to members until further notice. If you do not have your own personal tools/clean up sponges/rags you can purchase those from our CBTB Retail Area.
- Students, please bring in/store your own rag and apron on your student shelf.
- Any communal tools are to be cleaned in a disinfecting water solution upon use (rinse buckets).
- If you feel that an individual in the studio is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms please speak with a staff member immediately and we will respond appropriately.
- We have updated each sink and restroom to have automatic hand soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Antibacterial gel will be distributed around the studio for personal use.
- No community towels will be used until further notice.
- The studio will be sprayed down with disinfectant in the morning before opening, once every hour we are open, and once we’ve closed at night.
- Bat pins will be located at the front desk for use.
- Our clean up water will have some bleach in it and will be cleaned out daily. We have always added a bit of bleach to the water prior to COVID-19, but we will be adding a bit more than we normally do. This helps disinfect all tools, splash pans, and anything else being cleaned up.
- Each wheel will be disinfected after it has been used.
- Gloves will be provided to those that wish to use them.
- All staff wash their hands upon entering the studio and exiting the studio and have signed paperwork stating they are not to come into the studio if they, or those they live with, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.