In this class students will explore thrown forms that are then altered to give the piece a unique and more handmade touch/feel. Students will learn about darting, faceting, altering rims and feet, etc.
Methods of throwing, trimming, and a variety of finishing techniques will be discussed. Students will be able to create pieces with their own style and work with the instructor to create truly one of a kind thrown vessels. Success of this class is dependent on outside course work.
The class fee is $225 which includes one bag of clay, glazing and firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment at Clay By The Bay! Classes are online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online! Each student will receive their own shelf and have access to Open Studio Hours. This access is unlimited during the 4-week course.
- A 25-lb bags of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 4-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Vases, trays, pitchers, + more!
Suggested prerequisite: Intro to Pottery Wheel & Clay (1-3 times) & Next Step (1-3 times).
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at email@example.com