Join us for a packed day with a community raku, picnic lunch, and festivities out in the lush rolling hills of Occidental, CA (1.5 hrs from San Francisco)!
Bring 3 ceramic pieces (about coffee mug sized) or 2 larger forms.
- Any mid-range clay bodies, purchased at CBTB, are welcome.
- Your pieces must be bisque fired prior to the workshop.
- Glaze and prep pieces to be loaded into the kiln. We'll be providing a variety of raku glaze options, including crackles, turquoise & copper glazes, and horse hair techniques.
- Review of fired pots. Learn to refine your glaze application!
- We'll run 5-7 raku firings over the course of the day!
- 1 lunch will be provided.
*** Please note that raku fired pots are never fully vitrified, making them not food-safe.