Join us for a packed day with advanced raku firing techniques, picnic lunch, and festivities out in the lush rolling hills of Occidental, CA (1.5 hrs from San Francisco)!
This workshop is for those that have taken 1 Raku Workshop through CBTB or elsewhere.
Saturday, September 19th, 2020 from 10 AM-6 PM
At our Rural Atmospheric Firing Retreat in Occidental, CA.
Bring 3 ceramic pieces (about coffee mug sized) or 2 larger forms.
- Raku Clay is best, but any groggy clay will do.
- Your pieces must be bisque fired prior to the workshop.
- We'll discuss alcohol reduction, ferric chloride application with the use of copper wire, and naked raku!
- Glaze and prep pieces to be loaded into the kiln. We'll be providing a variety of raku glaze/surfacing options, including alcohol reduction materials, ferric chloride, copper wire, naked raku slip, crackles, turquoise & copper glazes, and horse hair techniques.
- Review of fired pots. Learn to refine your glaze application!
- We'll run 5-7 raku firings over the course of the day!
- 1 lunch will be provided.
*** Please note that raku fired pots are never fully vitrified, making them not food-safe.