Solid Sculpting is a 4-week handbuilding course for the intro and intermediate sculptor!
Spend 4 weeks with Lindsay Langsdale sculpting a sketch or idea you've come up with. Students will sculpt the piece in the solid form and will then cut the piece in such a way to remove the clay interior. Learn how to sculpt while making new friends!
Class is online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online! Class fee is $225 which includes a bag of clay, glazing and firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment.
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 4-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Sculpting a solid piece and then removing the excess clay from the inside.
Follow-up class suggestions: Intro to Pottery Wheel, Next Step, and register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org