Next Step is an intermediate class that meets 2 hours each week for 6 consecutive weeks. This class is geared towards those with clay experience that can: make a cylinder and bowl (center, open up, set the floor, and pull) on the wheel!
Classes are online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online!
Expand upon the foundations you learned in Intro to Pottery Wheel & Clay by gaining a better understanding of different clay bodies and glazes! As a student, you'll learn more about wheel throwing and handbuilding, texturing, stains/washes, wax resist, sgraffito, and more to create depth and be in control of your surface decoration. Class fee is $325 which includes a bag of clay, glazing and firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment.
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Thursday 10 AM-9 PM and Friday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Plates, vases, mugs, planters, glazing of your wares with more advanced decorative techniques, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Repeat Next Step 2-3 times then register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Thursday from 10 AM-9 PM and Friday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org