Next Step is an intermediate class that meets 2.5 hours once a week for 6 consecutive weeks. This class is geared towards those with clay experience that can: make a cylinder and bowl (center, open up, set the floor, and pull) on the wheel!
An added benefit of being a student at CBTB is time to practice outside of your regularly scheduled class time. Come in for Open Studio Hours to practice and make pieces outside of your class period.
Open Studio Hours: Daily from 10AM to 6PM.
Expand upon the foundations you learned in Intro to Pottery Wheel & Clay by gaining a better understanding of different clay bodies and glazes! As a student, you'll learn more about wheel throwing and handbuilding, texturing, stains/washes, wax resist, sgraffito, and more to create depth and be in control of your surface decoration. Class fee is $325 which includes a bag of clay, glazing and firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment.
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- In-Person Class session: meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Plates, vases, mugs, planters, glazing of your wares with more advanced decorative techniques, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Repeat Next Step 2-3 times then register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All students have the added benefit of receiving a pre-recorded class to your email address the day after each in-person class. You can watch the recording and/or come in for a make-up class in-person!
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Daily from 10AM to 6PM.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we have in-person classes is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (415) 416-6475.