Mix it Up! Glaze Formulation + Surface is a 6-week course for the intermediate/advanced ceramic lover!
Spend 6 weeks with Didem Mert mixing and creating your very own glazes FROM SCRATCH! With Didem's guidance students will create glaze line blends, learn about the different components that are needed to formulate a glaze, create different colored glazes from those line blends, discuss and use terra sigilatta, explore stencils, resists, glaze/surface application methods, lustre firing, + more!
Class is online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online! Students in this class will have access to the back patio glaze area at CBTB. Class fee is $425 which includes a bag of clay, materials for test batches (100 g each) of glaze, firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment.
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 4-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Creating glaze line blends, creating different colored glazes from those line blends, using terra sigilatta, exploring stencils, resists, glaze/surface application methods, lustre firing, + more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Intro to Pottery Wheel, Next Step, other specialty classes, and register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org