This class is geared to those with little or no clay experience! Classes are in-person during a set time each week with 2.5 hours of instruction. An added benefit of being a student at CBTB is time to practice outside of your regularly scheduled class time. Come in for Open Studio Hours to practice and make pieces outside of your class period.
Open Studio Hours: Daily from 10AM to 6PM.
Over the course of 6 weeks, you'll learn about the different stages clay goes through during the making process, as well as the tools and techniques used to create wheel thrown and handbuilt pottery. We'll teach you how to design and glaze your pieces, and you’ll be able to use everything you make once you’ve finished the 6-week course!
- A 12-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours Daily 10AM to 6PM. This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- In-person class sessions- time to meet new people, ask your instructor questions while being entertained, and get hands on instruction from our education staff! Watch your instructor create and discuss making pieces on the wheel while you follow along, step-by-step!
Projects include: Cups, Mugs, Cylinder containers, bowls, dishes, trimming, glazing of your wares, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Repeat Intro to Pottery Wheel and Clay 2-3 times then register for in-studio membership or intermediate and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All students have the added benefit of receiving a pre-recorded class to your email address the day after each in-person class. You can watch the recording and/or come in for a make-up class in-person!
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Daily from 10AM to 6PM.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we have in-person classes is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (415) 416-6475.