This class is geared to those with little or no clay experience! Classes are online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online!
Over the course of 6 weeks, you'll learn about the different stages clay goes through during the making process, as well as the tools and techniques used to create wheel thrown and hand-built pottery. We'll teach you how to design and glaze your pieces, and you’ll be able to use everything you make once you’ve finished the 6-week course!
- A 12-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Cylinders/cups, bowls, dishes, glazing of your wares, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Repeat Intro to Pottery Wheel and Clay 2-3 times then register for in-studio membership or intermediate and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org