Intro to Handbuilding is a 6-week handbuilding course for the intro and intermediate handbuilder!
Learn how to make bowls, planters, mugs, plates, and more, all by hand! Students will learn coil, pinch, slab, and mold building techniques while working one-on-one with the instructor. Learn how to build pottery by hand while making new friends!
Classes are in person at Clay By The Bay facilities a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned at your leisure outside of your scheduled class time! Class fee is $325 which includes everything below:
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- 2 Hours of weekly instruction from our talented education staff.
Projects include: Mugs & cups, pipes/incense holders, platter or dish, glazing of your wares with more advanced decorative techniques, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Intro to Pottery Wheel, Next Step, and register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! We try to coordinate with your schedule and find you a time for you to sit in for instruction with a different class later in the week. We cannot ensure this, but we will do everything we can.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the class?
- A: Of course! This is an interactive environment and we encourage conversation and community interaction!.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at email@example.com