Hand Building FUN-damentals is a 6-week handbuilding course for the intro and intermediate handbuilder!
Learn how to make vases, planters, rattles, mugs, plates, and more! Students will learn coil, pinch, slab, and mold building techniques while working one-on-one with the instructor. Learn how to build pottery by hand while making new friends!
Classes are online through Zoom during a set time each week with 2 hours of instruction. You are then able to come into the studio for Open Studio Hours to practice what you learned online! Class fee is $325 which includes a bag of clay, glazing and firing fees, and use of all tools and equipment.
- A 25-lb bag of clay
- Firing/baking of your pottery
- Use of studio machinery, tools and equipment
- 18"x14"x15" personal shelf storage space at CBTB
- Access to Open Studio Hours (Monday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM). This access is unlimited during the 6-week course!
- Online class sessions- time to tune in, meet new people, and ask your instructor questions while being entertained! Watch your instructor create and discuss making more advanced pieces on the wheel.
Projects include: Vases, cups, planters, coffee scoops & spoons, large serving bowl, glazing of your wares with more advanced decorative techniques, and more!
Follow-up class suggestions: Intro to Pottery Wheel, Next Step, and register for in-studio membership and/or advanced courses and workshops!
- Q: Can I make up a class?
- A: Yes! All classes will be recorded to watch at a later date/time if you happen to miss the class.
- Q: When are Open Studio Hours?
- A: Monday-Sunday from 10 AM-6 PM. Hours are subject to change during workshop days, but 7 days notice will be given to students.
- Q: Can I ask questions during the Zoom class?
- A: Of course! Part of the reason why we're using Zoom is so we can interact with one another and the instructor.
- Have more questions? Not a problem! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org