Get that beautiful gold finish on your own pottery pieces! Each participant should bring three glaze fired pieces to learn how to add that beautifully luxurious 22 karat gold pizzaz to your pieces!
- Apply gold or silver lustre to 3 of your pieces: Bring 3 glaze-fired, finished pieces with you to the workshop!
- All other materials provided: Respirators, cleaning supplies, gold & silver lustre, as well as a special lustre firing in our kiln
- Learn how to work with lustre: Learn proper cleaning, safety, and application methods to get your perfect finish every time.
- Increase the sale value of your work: Adorning your creations with a real gold finish is a great way to give them a unique charm that allows you to up those prices.
- Unlock access to our Lustre Firings: For students who've completed this intro lustre workshop. $75 per future workshop (call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for this pricing to register).
PLEASE NOTE: The gold takes on whatever finish is underneath it. If your glaze is semi-matte then the gold will be semi-matte. If your glaze is very glossy then your lustre will have a mirror finish. Make sure your pieces are fully glaze fired before the workshop.
*We will also have a silver lustre for those that would like a silver finish rather than gold.
**Please be sure to have a coat/warm clothes to wear because we will be on the back patio for this workshop.
***Vapor mask will be provided for each participant